Course Selection & Individual Pathway Planning
Course Selection for the 2018-2019 School year is now open.
All BCHS Students must complete and SUBMIT their 2018-2019 Course Selections using the HIGH SCHOOL PLANNER in myBlueprint by Thursday, February 15, 2018.
The documents included in the links below will help students and parents make informed decisions when choosing courses.
- BCHS 2018-2019 Course Offerings Flowchart
- BCHS Course Descriptions
- BCHS Course Selection - Quick Start Guide
- Grade 9 to 10 Course Selection Information
- Grade 9 to 10 Course Selection Worksheet
- Grade 10 to 11 Course Selection Information
- Grade 10 to 11 Course Selection Worksheet
- Grade 11 to 12 Course Selection Information
- Grade 11 to 12 Course Selection Worksheet
- Course Selection Information for Grade 12 Students
Please make an appointment with your Guidance Counselor if you require additional support with your Course Selection or Pathway Planning.
Individual Pathway Planning
Pathway planning is an ongoing process where students engage in developing the knowledge and skills they need to make informed education and career/life choices. Starting in grade 7, Central students document their learning in education and career/life planning in a web-based Individual Pathways Plan (IPP). The IPP becomes the primary planning tool for students as they move through the grades towards their initial post secondary destination. Using the tools in MyBlueprint, and in collaboration with their teachers, Guidance Counselor and parents, students develop and implement the steps needed to successfully complete high school and proceed to their initial post secondary destination. By developing their Individual Pathways Plan, students take responsibility for their learning and for planning their future. Course selection is an important part of the IPP process that requires research and planning.